Dr. Phillips Center Holiday Events 2018
Dr. Phillips Center Holiday Events 2018 – Check out these fun events coming up at the Dr. Phillips Center this season. Some are free events and others have a fee to them. Check out the line up!
For the first time since opening, Dr. Phillips Center has curated four weeks of holiday fare, including a smashing Broadway musical, a holiday-themed country concert and a variety show starring comedian Jane Lynch. The line-up also includes several performances of Orlando Ballet’s The Nutcracker – including two afternoon family shows – and the Orlando Philharmonic’s Home For the Holidays.
“This holiday won’t be complete without a visit to the Dr. Phillips Center,” said Foster Cronin, the arts center’s vice president of programming. “Whether you enjoy the classics or prefer a little more modern take on your holiday entertainment, we have something for you this year.”
In addition to 30 holiday performances, the arts center is also adding some seasonal cheer to its menu. A peppermint-infused specialty cocktail will be available for purchase at the arts center’s Tier 2 Craft Cocktail Bar and Foxtail Coffee will serve both kid and adult versions of hot chocolate in its coffee bar, also on Tier 2.
Dr. Phillips Center and Bob Carr Theaters
November 24 – December 23, 2018
Free to $$$
Holiday performances at the arts center include:
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra’s “Home for the Holidays!” (Nov 24) – a musical celebration capturing the spirit of the season, with Albert George Schram leading the orchestra, choirs and guest artists. Bob Carr Theater, 2 p.m. and 8 p.m., tickets start at $25.
- Handel’s “Messiah” performed by the Messiah Choral Society (Nov 25) – Considered the most magnificent classical masterwork of all time, Handel’s “Messiah” will be presented by the Messiah Choral Society led by Dr. John Sinclair. Orlando’s longest running free cultural performance will feature a local professional orchestra and 100-member volunteer choir. Bob Carr Theater, 3 p.m., free.
- The Piano Guys: Christmas Together (Nov 30) – an avant-guard cellist and pianist who rose to fame through social media present a fresh, modern take on Christmas. Bob Carr Theater, 7:30 p.m., tickets start at $54.50.
- Many Moods of Christmas (Dec 1) – the Bethune Cookman Concert Chorale entertain with an evening of holiday, jazz and gospel music. Alexis & Jim Pugh Theater, 5 p.m., free.
- Songs of the Season (Dec 1) – Dr. Phillips Center, Rollins College and Full Sail University team up to present the annual free outdoor concert including an evening of holiday sing-alongs, dancing and state-of-the-art visual artistry under the stars. Seneff Arts Plaza, 7 p.m., free.
- Lauren Daigle: The Behold Christmas Tour (Dec 7) – two-time Billboard Music Award winner, two-time Grammy nominee and American Music Award recipient Daigle brings her unique, soulful sound to this very special holiday concert. Bob Carr Theater, 7:30 p.m., tickets start at $24.75.
- Orlando Ballet’s “The Nutcracker” (Dec 7–9, 13–15) – the spectacular holiday classic of Clara’s beloved story. Walt Disney Theater, showtimes vary, tickets start at $19.
- Orlando Ballet’s “The Nutcracker” Family Show (Dec 8 & 15) – the holiday classic for younger audiences in a special one-hour performance. Walt Disney Theater, 11 a.m., tickets start at $15.
- Home Free: A Country Christmas (Dec 8) – the country group Home Free will perform all-new music and country holiday favorites. Bob Carr Theater, 8 p.m., tickets start at $19.50.
- Jane Lynch: A Swingin’ Little Christmas (Dec 14–16) – Emmy and Golden Globe winning-actress, Jane Lynch and friends produce a hilarious and ‘unapologetically sentimental’ evening. Alexis & Jim Pugh Theater, showtimes vary, tickets start at $55.
- Irving Berlin’s White Christmas (Dec 18 –23) – Part of the FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando Series, the classic movie comes to life on stage. Walt Disney Theater, showtimes vary, tickets start from $54.25.
While not holiday in theme, Broadway’s Hello Dolly! starring Betty Buckley will play in the Walt Disney Theater November 27 through December 2.
For more details, visit drphillipscenter.org. All tickets should be purchased online at drphillipscenter.org, by calling 844.513.2014 or by visiting the box office in person at
Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, 445 S. Magnolia Avenue between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, or 12 p.m. and 4 p.m. Saturday. Online and phone ticket purchases are subject to handling fees. Prices, shows, artists, dates and times are subject to change at any time without notice. Groups of 10 or more should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. or 407.455.5550.
Disclaimer: This event is subject to last minute cancellations and changes which might not be reflected in this MyCentralFloridaFamily.com post. Please always confirm with this family-friendly business by calling or clicking.
Check out additional Holiday Theater/Concert events coming up below:
Calendar list of events in a post:
November 8 @ 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
November 17 @ 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
November 17 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
November 18 – December 30
November 18 @ 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
November 18 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
November 24 @ 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
November 24 @ 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
November 24 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
November 25 @ 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm